Thursday, February 10, 2011

Gotta Love Jillian Michaels

I like to think my job is a pretty physical job. We lift things, throw things, and stock things as fast as we can. By the time my shift is over I'm ready for bed. But even all that so-called 'exercise' is not enough to keep me in shape (though I wish it was... don't we all?)

Last week I had a meeting for my Health and Fitness class. We had to speed walk a mile among other things. It reminded me how much I love to walk and run -- though I could barely run two laps without feeling like my heart was going to leap out of my chest. Lately I've noticed myself getting winded going up a couple flights of stairs at school and it surprises me. Obviously, it shouldn't because I'm not active at all. All of this brought me to the point where I was like "Enough already. Just DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT."

And believe it or not, it worked. That weekend I bought myself two sets of hand weights from our local Five Below, and a yoga mat. I researched the best video to workout to and see results. I found Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. I've always loved Jillian. I've watched Biggest Loser and Losing It and loved the way she motivates the people on her show.  She scares my boyfriend. Gotta love it.

So I googled this DVD and found that Amazon sells the Levels separately for $1.99! What a deal. So I bought it and watched it once through to see what I was getting myself into (read the reviews on Amazon). I watched and thought "Hell, I can do this!" So I got my gear on sans sports bra (big mistake) and tried it out. I'll let you know how it went in the next update.

No comments:

Post a Comment